maple syrup facts you may not know
1. 85% of the worlds maple syrup is made in
2. Maple syrup is
3. Maple syrup is a woodland crop, un-fertilized, un-cultivated and made mostly by the burning of wood. A renewable fuel.
4. Maple syrup is one of very few agricultural crops that can be called entirely North American.
5. Maple trees are around 40 years old before they are tapped.
6.The Algonquin Indians called maple sugar Sinzibuckwud.
7. There are many different types of maple trees, but only the sugar maple tree produces the maple syrup we all love.